For pregnancy tests, family planning, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment – anything sexual health related. We can bill your insurance, or cover it for free if you need it to be private. You can bring your parents or come alone.
Call 612-873- 6963 to find the right clinic and provider for you and your family and make an appointment. We are ready to take your call Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-9 pm and weekends, 8:30AM-5PM.
Extended Clinic Hours
Life is busy so we offer evening and weekend extended hours in many of our neighborhood and downtown clinics. Access extended clinic hours information.
Any HCMC clinic: Brooklyn Park Clinic, Downtown OB/GYN Clinic, Downtown Pediatrics Clinic, East Lake Clinic, Golden Valley Clinic, Whittier Clinic, Richfield Clinic, St Anthony Village Clinic.
- If I am getting my care though Between Us, is everything free?
No, only confidential care is for free. All other services will be billed to your insurance.
- Can I bring my partner for confidential care?
Yes, your partner can also be seen for confidential care if they need it, or we can bill their insurance.
- If I am seeing the doctor for something that isn’t confidential, like a checkup, or an illness, and I need confidential care (such as pregnancy tests, family planning, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment), can I get it?
Yes, as soon as you need any confidential health care, just tell your doctor or nurse that you need it, and they will set it up for you.
- Do I need the consent of my parents to see a health care provider for mental health?
Yes. For visits about an illness, mental health concerns, or for a sports physical or general checkups, you will need your parents’ involvement, and we will bill your insurance.
- Do I have to sign up to be seen through Between Us?
You just have to set up an appointment. Ask to be seen through Between Us. There is no additional sign up process beyond the regular registration and scheduling process.
- Can I be tested for HIV?
Yes, ‘between us’ includes any sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing.
- Do I have to be a HCMC patient to receive confidential care through Between Us?
New patients can get services through Between Us.
- Can I be seen through Between Us if I don’t have insurance?
Yes, but only confidential services will be covered. All other services need to be billed to your insurance.
- Is it legal to get health care without telling my parents?
Yes! In Minnesota, teens have the right to confidential care around pregnancy, family planning, STI testing and treatment, prenatal care, and drug and alcohol abuse.
- What does confidential care mean?
Confidential means that teens and the clinic do not tell parents or guardians about your appointments, or about any of the details of the visit. However, confidentiality has its limits. If there is a threat to your life or another person’s life, providers have the duty to inform your parents and sometimes someone else, like a social worker, to make a plan to protect you.
Any other questions about Between Us? Send an email to [email protected]