Do you remember when you use to read stories to your child before going to bed? Now is not impossible to keep enjoying this activity. Now you can both read and talk about the books you chose, and also use it as a teaching experience. You will enjoy it!
o Discussions about right and wrong:
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain.
o Kids encouragement and support:
- The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
- Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
- Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls, Moving Day by Meg Cabot
o Change in friendships:
- Alone in the Universe by Lynne Rae Perkins
o Book series:
- Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix.
o Teen pregnancy:
- After by Amy Efaw
o Parent-teen relationship:
- How to Raise Your Parents by Sarah Burningham